ANACOSTIA CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL and ART WALK
Saturday, April 11, 200910:00 AM - 4:00 PM
ALL DAY LIVE MUSIC, ART AND GREAT FOOD!!!
The Anacostia Cherry Blossom Festival and Art Walk promises a full day of fun for the whole family, including a tree planting and dedication ceremony, exhibitions, live jazz, African dancers and drummers, workshops for youth, and much, much more!Featured activities include:
*Cherry tree dedication in Anacositia Park (Good Hope Rd. SE entrance). Honoring; Councilman Marion Barry, Anacostia Economic Development Corporation's CEO/President Butch "Albert" Hopkins, and Anacostia Activist Philip Pannell. 10am-11am.
* A jazz concert featuring The Young Lions
* Cherry blossom mobile and charcoal drawing workshops for kids as well as face painting
* Exhibitions galore, including Honfleur Art Gallery's current show, Cross and Ladder, featuring the works of Darren Smith
* The African Heritage Dancers and Drummers
* An art and craft market featuring local independent crafters.
*Eric Whitehead presents a sneak peek of Anacostia's NEW JazzNSoul Cafe with SamO & JFC, Earl Carter, Glenn Arnett & more! Supported by R.E.E.L. 4pm-11pm.
* Face Painting for Kids
* Photography Show
* and other exhibitions throughout the Historic Anacostia corridor!
Event InformationLocation: Historic Anacostia Corridor, from the 2200 block of Martin Luther King Avenue, SE past the "Big Chair" and along to the 1200 block of Good Hope Road, SE
SMITHSONIAN FREEBIE KID ACTIVITIES
Got Kids? If so, you can find a whole host of things to do with them now that the weather is getting warmer. Click HERE for some of the free things to check out during the day.