Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Restaurant Opens in Washington DC in Honor of Writer Zora Neale Hurston

The Harlem Renaissance has been a central theme for me since the start of 2009 for some reason or another...but I love it! I have either been given books or come across books in random places that just happen to be about this almost magical time of rebirth in the Black artist realm and I'm diggin it major-ly...

Last month, I enjoyed Lil So So's production "When Harlem Came to Paris" and I am looking forward to this weekend's grand opening of the new restaurant eatonville in Washington DC. eatonville is another marvelous creation of restauranteur Andy Shallal who also owns the fantastic chain Busboys & Poets. Both eatonville and Busboys & Poets are linked to key figures in from the Harlem Renaissance. Eatonville is the hometown of Zora Neale Hurston and Langston Hughes was a busboy before becoming the renowned poet we know and adore.

The debut of eatonville the restaurant is in the form of an event called Murals to Zora.
Featured performers in this event include www.LiberatedMuse.com members Noon:30. Check them out on Liberated Muse by clicking HERE.

No comments: