In Recognition of National HIV Testing Day
Saturday, June 27, 2006
@ the Artomatic
James Renwick Alliance Education Room (4th Floor)
FREE and Open to the Public
Authentic Contemporary Art presents a special forum featuring visual art, music, poetry and dance.
Join us in a special dialogue about how art can play a role as an effective tool for education and treatment for people who are at risk or have been affected with HIV or AIDS. This forum will feature spoken word and other performances as well as representatives from the art community that is making a difference in the fight against HIV.
Artwork from representing organizations will also be on view.
Whitman-Walker Clinic will conduct free private and confidential HIV testing from 12:00-6:00 pm on Saturday, which is National HIV Testing Day.
Moderator: Maceo Thomas, MPH, Co-FounderLiberated Muse Productions
Public Health Advocate Participants:
- Bassey Ikpi Poet/Spoken Word Artist
- The Saartijie Project Dance and Performance Art Ensemble
- Nil Sismanyazici-Navaie Founder/President, Arts for Global Development, Inc.
- Khadijah Tribble Executive Director Pediatric HIV/AIDS Care, Inc.
- Solomon Irwin Royster, Planned Parenthood & Board Member of the Ward 7 Arts Collaborative
- Tina Lassiter Director of Art Programs & Acquisitions Children’s National Medical Center, Board of Directors, Society for the Arts in Healthcare